Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh crap! I gotta post!

Sorry, I totally forgot to wake up and blog today. Turns out that I really wanted to start cleaning out my bonus room. I have been waiting all summer to wake up with that feeling.

My bonus room is horrible. It is full of everything. All the crap that didn't go downstairs. All the stuff that we have replaced. Like the old tv. The old video games.

It looks awful. It looks almost as bad as NOLA after Katrina. With less poop. And hopefully less water. It's true, here:


It is my goal to eventually clean it out and turn it into a rec room. I mean, we have all the stuff in there to turn it into a rec room. I just have to get all the crap out of there.

Every time I try to go to work in there, I get to a point where I have too many piles. I have a pile to throw away, a pile for Bob to go through, and several piles of my own stuff that I am trying to sort through.

So what am I ever going to do with those candle making molds? Seriosly, I have made all of 2 candles with this stuff, and they turned out awesome. Except I don't thing I will ever have a use for that stuff, unless there is an apocalypse. Then, with no electricity, we would need candles.

This is the logic I usually apply in order to justify keeping stuff like that.

What I should actually do is take the stuff that would be helpful in case of apocalypse, and put it in a box in the attic. I would then throw away all the crap that I know I will never actually use. This is what I hope to be able to accomplish over the next couple of weeks, so I can clean out my bonus room.

Then you have things like stuffed animals. I want to save them for my kids that I haven't had yet.

And then there are the boxes of stuff that you don't know what that is.

And once you hit 3 or 4 of those, you lose hope and give up.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment