Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Elections are total crap

Ok, I am willing to bet that this one will get me flamed, when and if this thing ever gets readers.

Before I go any farther with this, I refuse to divulge my political leanings, mostly because I have none.

I like elections. I like being able to have a say in who gets to fuck up the country and or state for the next 4-8 years. Every adult citizen has this right.

Sadly, a lot of people do not choose the exercise this right. They are idiots. Seriously, you're going to let a bunch of people you don't know make decisions for you?! What are you, like 8?

Mainly, I like voting because it gives me a right to bitch. When everybody was bitching about how Bush delayed his reaction to the Katrina disaster, I was right there in it. Hooray for being able to complain about the government! It seems like once you hit 25, that's your favorite new thing!

Some people think the best way to settle this argument is with one simple question: "did you vote?". This is meant to befuddle the person bitching, because if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about who you got, or what stupid thing they did at dinner with that foreign dignitary.

But they act all shocked and stuff, when I come back with "yes, did you?". Because most people I talk to do not realize that I like voting. Besides, you get a sticker! It looks like this!

I vote in primaries when I find out on time. I know where to go if I want to vote early (which I did last presidential election). I encourage my friends to vote. If I had a PA on my car I would blast "Vote or Die" every where.

I also do something else that freaks people out. I research my candidates, beeyoch!

That's right, I take the time out to examine their campaign sites, look them up on wikipedia, and google them. It helps to know who you are voting for and if they are a baby killer who hates educating tomorrow's working men and loves chromium tainted toys from China.

During the presidential primary in 2008, this process helped me pick a candidate who claimed (because all politicians lie, it's part of the job) to support a lot of the same things I do.

And by the way, I do not support ANY candidate who is for offshore drilling. I feel the same as I did 2 years ago, and it's nice to look at half the country and say "I told you that was a bad idea". But I am all for the baby killing. LOL this pic is just funny.

So basically, I'm telling everybody who reads this to go vote in your local elections, go vote in your national elections, just get off your ass and vote! It is so worth it, just so you can look at your mom and say "you voted for that asshole that choked himself with a pretzel, and told people about it?!".

1 comment:

  1. Nailed it!!! I couldn't have said it better myself! Aaaaaaannnnnnnnndddd I've quoted you. :-)

    ReplyDelete