Monday, January 24, 2011

Teachers

I like teachers. I think. Ok, most of the time I like teachers. When I was little, I remember being scared of teachers, like they would eat my head if I gave the wrong answer or failed to turn in homework. As I got older, teachers became a source of supreme annoyance, especially after I realized they would not eat my head. :)


In high school, I made the mistake of seeing teachers as my peers. Or even underlings. I had a severe superiority complex in High School, as I was planning on taking over the world at that point.

So when my teachers would call my mom and get me in trouble, they went on the kill list, and I stopped paying attention to them. In my mind, they were going to die eventually anyway.

Now, I am back in school, almost 10 years later. These teachers really are my peers. I am having trouble thinking of them as my elders, because some of them are not. They are married, just bought their first house, and starting families. Most of what I see is starting families. I am 2 for 2 on the pregnant teachers per semester. This one definitely will not finish the semester. She told us she's due on April 1. I hope she goes into labor during class, that would be so awesome!

Everybody would run screaming out of the class!

I would stay and call 911, and wait with her for the ambulance!

I would run down the hall to the liberal arts office to ask them to call her emergency contact! And her substitute!

I would be a hero!!!


And my teachers would still not like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment